Thursday, December 15, 2005

a sure thing

Interesting experience in drama this afternoon.

We were working in small groups, about 10 in a group, modelling a section of a story in which we had to be one of the three branches of the tree of life; faith, hope and love. The group I was in was allocated "hope"

As far as I am aware, I was the only Christian in the group. Before we could create our "branch" we had to decide on a definition of hope.

I said:
"It's something that you know will be there at the end."

The rest of the group disagreed and said it was something like this:
"It's something you would like to be there at the end"

To be fair, their definition is probably more correct but it reminded me of Hebrews 11v1: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hard to write this without sounding smug, and thats not at all what I'm intending, but what a privilege, a security, to actually be certain of what we hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...