Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the year of the accordion


It lives in a blue suitcase in our spare room where it makes a great table.

But recently I decided that unless we were putting it to good use then its a waste of space and a waste of a good instrument. So I declare...

2013 is the year of the accordion

A while ago we were given an accordion. Long story but it was found in a garage belonging to my parents friends and somehow made its way to us.

Last December we did a bit of local carol singing. So my aim is to be able to accompany the carols next December. If I can't do it, the instrument gets sold.

Today is Accordion Day 1
It's very out of tune but I have just managed a recognisable (but not fit for public performance) version of Once In Royal David's City with chords. Yes even a minor chord!

Watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up at the I DECLARE link up on Tuesday!!! Hope to see you next week. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...