Sunday, January 06, 2008

no place like london

Just in case any of you haven't heard this from us some other way...

We're moving back to London!

In the middle of February, we'll be packing up here and moving to an as yet unknown new house/flat/shoebox in London.

Whilst we always knew we'd move back some day we weren't expecting it to be so sudden. If you're wondering why we didn't tell you before, we've only known about it ourselves for about a month!

The reason for the sudden move is that I've got a new job. I'm going to be working as Church Manager at St James, Clerkenwell. We're both excited to be going back to St James - the church in which we were married and where I belonged as a student.

Dan will continue his merry mix of rocking it up with Amino, Rockschool examining, truck driving and various other musical pursuits which come his way. We're both also still involved with SoulInTheCityDurban and will be working for Grassroots in helping to make prayer happen for, during and around this project.

In the mean time, I'll leave you with some words from Sweeney Todd which do sum up my feelings about this move. Click on the words to hear the song, extracted (not by me) from the newly released Sweeney Todd film with Johnny Depp - go and see it, it's going to be awesome.


I have sailed the world
beheld its wonders
from the dardinells,
to the mountains of Peru,
But there's no place like London!
I feel home again...
I could hear the city bells ring...
Whatever would I do?
No there's no place like London!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck - and congratulations for escaping from teaching!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...