Monday, December 28, 2020

New entries


Following on from the art at home series, I thought I'd share three new pieces we recently added to our hall gallery.

First up is a postcard. We don't really do advent calendars in this house, and especially not big commercial ones, but when I heard that Playmobil had produced a Back To The Future calendar this year, I knew I had to get it for Dan. The BTTF trilogy are his favourite films and we've had fun through December seeing what was behind each window and building up the Twin Pines town scene with Marty, Doc, Biff and all sorts of accessories. The postcard here came with the advent calendar. It's a lenticular print of a Playmobil reconstruction of the family photo Marty carries with him during the film. As Marty meddles with the future, his siblings fade from the photo. With this postcard, viewing it at different angles makes his siblings disappear!

Frauen Am Weinen 9 (red)

This is a business card which we've framed and added to the wall. A good friend of ours recently moved away to live in another country. Just before she went, the artist Judith Clara's adverts came up in my social media feed and this particular image reminded me of the friend (although I must add I've never seen her in this position!) I bought a print for her as a leaving gift and the business card came with it.

This third piece was a Christmas gift from one of our lodgers. One of the house rituals we've enjoyed through lockdown has been Quarantinis - a (sometimes) daily cocktail which marks the end of the working from home day, and the start of the evening. We've captured almost all of them in photographs too, much to the annoyance of some of our friends! The lino print above is from one evening when we'd made a round of Vieux Mot cocktails and lined them up on the garden wall ready for drinking. We've really appreciated our garden and patio during lockdown because it gets the best of the evening sun, and provides great space for relaxing, eating and catching up with the neighbours. This print is a lovely reminder of this season.








1 comment:

  1. I love the meaning behind all three! Not sure what made me look at your blog today but I'm glad I did!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...