Monday, January 29, 2007

a new arrival in the warwick household

We've had a birth!!

Well, strictly speaking, a rebirth!

A few weeks ago I found a bright green chrysalis on a bucket whilst filling some up for a plumber who was coming to sort our drains out while we were at work. (I blog about the most glamorous things!)

I brought it in and its sat in a little pot in the kitchen ever since. It didn't really do anything until this weekend when it started to go brown in a "dead" kind of way. I was all ready to chuck it out.

We arrived home today to find this:



Isn't it beautiful? I'm not sure whether it's a butterfly or a moth. It was quite sleepy and didn't move much. I waited until it flew a little bit, from the pot to sit on another box and then let it go outside. It's a shame I found it on a plastic bucket - I know they don't eat plastic buckets!! Hopefully it'll find its own food soon enough.

I also took this which I'm quite pleased with so you'll have to click on it to see it full size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...