Saturday, May 10, 2008

durban on saturday

Hey everyone

It's been a good week again.

Jane and I went up the coast for a couple of days holiday. I'm here working but Jane is on holiday and not allowed to go anywhere on her own so I just had to accompany her. Such a sacrifice, hehe. We stayed in St Lucia for 2 nights and spent a day in Hluhluwe game reserve hunting for lions. We didn't see any lions in the end but had a great day seeing white rhino, elephant, hyena, eagles, vultures, giraffe, zebra, buffalo, warthog, various buck and lots of birds. Amazing.

I spent Friday with Jean, driving the north and south prayer routes to finalise which way we will walk in the summer. My map is now full of coloued lines and little marks where churches are! I've got some work to do now, contacting the churches and organising the walk days.

In the afternoon, Jane and I visited the Pastor Assan and the creche at Gate of Life. As well as being the last stop of the entire prayer walk, the church runs a creche for refugee kids during the week. Some of last year's delegates worked at the creche. We took 52 teddies with us, from Teddies for Tragedies - an army of knitters from the UK who make bears for kids around the world. We had lots of fun giving out bears and singing with the kids.

Tomorrow, Sue and I are going into the city centre to join a prayer walk which all the Durban churches are doing together for the Global Day of Prayer.

After that, I've got 4 days left to catch up with all the churches and sort out a few practical things before I fly home.

Something good:
We've got accommodation for the prayer team for the summer.

Something I'm working on:
Contacting all the churches on the routes - pray that they'll be receptive and I'll be able to share the vision in the right way.

Something to pray for:
The projects for SITCD 2008 - the first delegates arrive in 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...