Sunday, December 13, 2009

more truffles

I love chilli and chocolate together so this recipe is a must-try for me! I figured while I'm in Domestic-Goddess-Blogger mode, I may as well share this one too! I've modified the recipe a little as we melt our chocolate and cream a different way - none of that bowls over pans of water business!

Classic Truffles
Ingredients
200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa content), broken into pieces
200ml double cream
chilli powder, to taste (optional)
cocoa powder, for dusting


Method
1. Put the cream in a saucepan over a low heat and warm it slowly but don't let it boil. Alternatively, microwave it a bit...
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the broken up chocolate. You won't need to add any more heat, the hot cream will melt the chocolate.
3. Mix well until incorporated and add the chilli powder.
4. Place aside to cool and firm up.
5. Once firm, take teaspoons of the mixture, dust with cocoa powder and roll into even-shaped balls, then leave to set.

Just on that last step, we've always rolled the balls and then dusted them in cocoa powder. I can't see how it would work the other way around. Am I missing out on a stroke of truffling genius, or is this an error in the original recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...