Thursday, March 01, 2007

it's got a certain ring to it

Ladies and Gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to announce the third entry in the 2007 Silly Question Of The Year competition.

To properly relate the context and full silliness of the question, I feel it necessary to recreate the script of the event.

Scene: H Samuel, Coventry

H Samuel Shop Assistant: Hello, can I help you?
Me: Do you have a ring cleaning service here?
HSSA: Yes but we do have to send the rings away.
Me: How long does that take?
HSSA: About 2 weeks
Me: OK, and how much does it cost?
HSSA rifles through some random sheets of paper and tells me the cost.
Me: Well thats not too bad. OK. Can I leave my engagement and wedding rings to be cleaned please?
HSSA: Sure. I'll just need to take a few details. Was it Miss or Mrs?

1 comment:

  1. h samual sold me a medic alert bracelet - supposed to help emergency service people with medical info in case of accident/illness.
    HSSA ''would you like accidental damage insurance for it?''
    me. ''I sincerely hope not''

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...