Wednesday, April 02, 2008

changing hemispheres

Durban Cathedral seen through the roof of the market around the Mosque
I'm off to Durban again! On 29th April I'm flying out to spend 17 days in Durban to. Is it business or pleasure? Well... both! I'll be working but I love it so it'll be a pleasure. Oh dear, how corny does that sound?!

During the trip, I'm hoping to meet with some of Durban's prayer people to finalise a route for the prayer walk for the summer. Once that is done I can start to work out which churches we'll pass by on the way and try to meet with church leaders to see if we can stop and join their praying, and hopefully encourage some of their congregation to walk too so that we can prayer walk with them.

I'll also be spending some time with Ben, Dave, Sue and Jane, planning and sorting stuff out for SITC Durban 2008 and 2009. We'll also be visiting some of the projects the delegates will be working with this summer and/or next so it'll be great to see what's happening and get a feel for what God's doing there.

I'm very excited and very much looking forward to it. Its only in the past week that I've really realised how soon it is that I'll be there again.

There's loads going on and I'd really love to be there knowing there'll be people praying. So, if that's your thing, here are some tips...

- that I'd hear God's plan for the prayer team for this summer, and do it his way
- good contacts with churches
- productive times with the SITCD team
- for me to be efficient with my time
- for someone to cover my job in London while I'm away
- safe travel, good health and a bunch of other practical stuff I've forgotten!

Watch this space...

1 comment:

  1. wow, you lucky thing, getting to travel for work!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...