Wednesday, April 30, 2008

durban update - day 1

Hey everyone

Just a short message this time. Dave, Sue and I arrived safely in Durban at about lunchtime today. The flights were relatively straightforward although we did have some trouble getting 52 teddies through customs (more about them later!) and I'm not impressed at whoever decided that showing P.S. I Love You as in-flight entertainment was a good idea (I don't think I've ever cried at a film from beginning to end before!)

Durban is hot and sunny (well it was, but it's nearly 9pm now). It is Labour Day here tomorrow - a public holiday so we're not expecting to be particularly productive in meeting people but will try to start to set things up for the rest of the week.

So for now:

Something good:
Safe travel and a lovely evening with Dave, Sue, Steve and Renske

Something we're working on:
Lots of meetings to set up and people to see, primarily with Jean Viljoen

Something to pray for:
Clear direction from God while I'm here so that I'll meet the right people, say the right things etc


I'll send more interesting updates as more interesting things happen!

Rach
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...