Wednesday, April 07, 2010

roasting seeds

Not wishing to give the impression that this blog is becoming domesticated, I'm really aware that lately I use a lot of internet-based recipes which is great at the time (remind me of that on the day I cover my laptop in gravy or something) but it makes it quite hard to find things the next time I want to cook them. So I'm going to throw a few of my favourites up here in the hope that it might actually result in Dan & I eating the same meal twice, rather than several variations of something we once made and liked. As a bonus, you can be sure that any recipe I list here is something we tried and enjoyed!

So... today's favourite recipe is...

Spicy Roasted Butternut Squash Seeds
from Recipezaar

Ingredients

* seeds from 4 butternut squash or 1 pumpkin
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin
* 1/8 teaspoon chilli powder
* 1 tablespoon butter

Directions

1. Remove the fibres from the seeds.
2. Place the butter, salt and spices in a mound on the centre of a baking sheet and scatter the seeds on top.
3. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 minute at 180 degrees C until the butter is melted.
4. Lower oven to 160 degrees, mix and spread seed into single layer and bake for 30-40 minutes until crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Sometimes I do go on...